Somedays work gets really hectic and tiring, while other days you come to work and you have only a few on your to-do list. Alhamdulillah ala kulli haal.
Hi, it's April! Also known as my favourite month of the year simply because it is the month in which I was born. I'm 21 this year, the legal age to do all the things I don't do anyway. Haha
Onto my favs.
- The Girl on The Train - Paula Hawkins (pdf) - mystery/thriller
- Cutting a watermelon - ok I just feel like I need to justify this haha, I cut watermelons a lot and this is like the best way that I have found so far
- Words of Wisdom 001 - Lavendaire
- Self reflect by Asma Nasaruddin
- The hypocrisy of Malay Muslims - "not all malays" "not all men" it's a problem when people are more concerned about separating themselves from the problem than addressing it"
- Reductive seduction of other people's problems
- White Saviour Complex - blogpost
- White Saviour Narrative in Films -WiKi
- White Saviour Films - FeministFilms
- Instagram's White Saviour Barbie
"So what are the problems with these films? Well, they portray people of color as too desolate, too hopeless, too overcome by their own prejudices and circumstances to help themselves, so they need someone to help them. But not just anyone, no, this helper must be a White Savior. This Savior inspires the people of color, teaches them how to be a better them, and makes their lives better when the people of color couldn’t do it themselves. These films ignore the stories of people of color helping their own communities and helping themselves."
Ok, that is it for this month. Take care & wasalaam alaykum (peace be upon yall)