Friday 4 October 2019

May till September 2019 // Lists of TV Shows & Movies.

Series //
I've been watching a lot of series since May. I quite like the routine of coming home after work and just plopping myself on the bed and mindlessly watching a series or scrolling through instagram.

Dark 

This is a German TV show which I initially thought was a murder-mystery. It began with the disappearances of two children in a small town and further digging unravelled the fact that this show is actually about time-travelling and it all gets a bit confusing because the past, present and future are all interconnected. I don't know the direction that they're going with this or what Season 3 will bring but the plot is interesting nevertheless and I will watch Season 3 just to see how the writers will tie up this mess they've made. 

The Bletchley Circle

Four intelligent women taking down a serial killer. Whats there NOT to love?! This series is set in the early 1900. These four women were working in Bletchley during the war to decode the German's communications and to learn their moves. Once the war was over, they had to sign a contract of secrecy and move on with their normal lives. Here's a hint: they didn't move on with their normal lives and still itched for something more! All in all: cool. p.s. I looooooooooooooooove the concept of British TV Shows in comparison to American ones, ohmygod. A season only has 3-4 episodes and they don't unnecessarily drag the storyline!

Hannibal 

I love the Hannibal movie series. Silence of the Lambs is one of the most brilliant movies I've  ever watched and enjoyed. It went downhill from there, but I still enjoyed the rest of the movies: Hannibal, Red Dragon and Hannibal Rising. I was excited when I saw that it was turned into a series. Season 1 was exceptional. The murder cases and scenes were nothing like I've ever seen before. It is orchastrated in a beautifully gruesome manner, almost art-like. Season 2 got kinda strange, and so I stopped watching it. 

Other TV Series //
  • Jessica Jones (Season 3) 
  • Stranger Things (Season 3) 
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (Season 1) 
  • How to Get Away with Murder (Season 5) 

Till next time. 
♡ Aisyah.