Tuesday 8 March 2016

Keyf haal?

How are you? How is your heart?

Today I had a conversation on Islaam and it made my little heart tremble in a way I thought it was no longer possible. It made me think of Islaam as a direct relationship with Allah, and how I've been neglecting this relationship.

"We should be proud of our Islaam, wear Islaam with pride, stop making excuses and stop being ashamed, we should be proud that we submit to the Almighty."

How long have I been ashamed of you, O Allah? How long have I neglected you, ya Rabbi?

More importantly, how can I be ashamed of you? How can I neglect you, the One who has shown me mercy, ya Rahman. The One who has been patient and tender with me when I am harsh towards myself, ya Lateef. The One who gives me provision, despite my disobedience and neglect and shame.

Forgive me,
ya Ghafur.