Sunday 19 February 2017

12:57 am // Thoughts

  • In a conversation with papa, he stopped me, took a coin from his wallet, held it up and asked me, "what do you see?" I then proceeded to tell him what I saw. He asked me the same question again. I described the coin again. He asked me the question again for the third time. At this point I was getting slightly annoyed and all I wanted was to get my point across. He finally explained, "what you were describing to me was one side of the coin." He showed me the other side of the coin and continued, "in order for you to explain something, you need to understand both sides of the coin first." 
  • I like knowing things that challenges the way I look at life and make me THINK. This week I've been watching a lot of videos on the environment and how we're damaging it and it's so refreshing to see a different way of life that's striving for change. Armand (my brother) was showing me videos on veganism. I did some revision for my Science of Hadith class and read some anti-Hadith argument. I like being challenged intellectually. Tell me I'm wrong. Make me THINK. I'm growing tired of social medias because everything screams advertisements and mainstream media and while I personally do not think they're bad *if* the important things in life are focused on, lets be real, we live such a shallow, deluded life. My teacher in Yemen messaged me about a month ago to describe how bad things are for her and I just wish I could do more. I live such a shallow life and wonder why I'm drowning. I wanna do more I wanna do more I wanna do more than simply exist. 
  • Pa tells me there are four stages of learning. Stage One: unconscious incompetent. Stage Two: conscious incompetent. Stage Three: conscious competent. Stage Four: unconscious competent. I'm at stage two with regards to the many things I wanna work on. Conscious incompetent. I know that there's so much that I don't know. I know that I'm not doing enough. I know, I know, I know.
  • I know that I don't know. I know that I don't know. I know that I don't know. It's both humbling and stressful at the same time.