Saturday 18 February 2017

Jan & Feb 2017 // A Revolution of Values.

Bismillah ar-rahman ar-rahim (In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful)

If we are not careful, it is easy to fall into the trap of living a really meaningless life. We just live our lives the way everyone else live their lives and do not stop to think, "is this all there is? is there something missing? how do I do more and improve the condition of my life/ this world? is there more to life than merely existing?" 

Over the past month I had the realisation that there are so many things that goes on in this world that I turn a blind eye to simply because I am not directly affected by it or due to the fact that I do not see the direct effects of my actions. 

This had led me to question the way I live my life and re-evaluate my values. I discovered a saying "a revolution of values" and its stuck with me since. We place high values on things that do not actually matter and as a result, we neglect those that actually matter. Anyway, onto my faves.


Environmental Issues //
I highly recommend watching all of the above especially The True Cost Documentary. I love how the documentary examines the social and environmental effect of the fast fashion industry and it was so detailed in explaining the whole process of making the clothes that we see/ buy and how much damage it costs to the consumers, the workers who makes the clothes and also the environmental damage caused by the fast fashion industry. A MUST WATCH. Make time for it. 


Zero Waste in Malaysia //

Islam //

Islamic Quizzes //

THIS IS SO FUN EVERYONE SHOULD DO IT. Kinda wish they had an app with a variety of Islamic topics tbh, I love it so much